BofC Live is a podcast from Business of Cannabis. Delivering cannabis news and exploring the companies, brands, people, and trends driving the cannabis industry.
Today, we connect with Lucas McCann of CannDelta. CannDelta is the Official Regulatory Advisory of Business of Cannabis. Last month, McCann joined BofC Live and our Retail Series to discuss the latest regulatory changes proposed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). At that time, the AGCO released new guidelines this week related to inducements for cannabis retailers that were meant to go into effect in June 2022.
This week, the AGCO reversed course on a key area of those proposed changes: the ability for retailers to white label and brand cannabis products their own and make them available in Ontario. See the new guidance from the AGCO.
McCann joined us on BofC Live to talk about this reversal from the AGCO and how it benefits the industry overall, but specifically cannabis retailers in Ontario.
See previous BofC Live segments with the CannDelta team:
- How brands and retailers may interact in Ontario right now
- A look ahead to cannabis regulations in 2022
- Understanding New Jersey’s path toward legalization
- How to name your cannabis lots and batches
- Creating a culture of continued improvement in the cannabis sector
- A look at the cannabis supply chain in Canada
- What you need to know about BC’s farm-gate retail regulations
- How to choose cannabis retail locations amidst increased competition
- How to think about functional ingredients within edibles’ formulations
- How research licenses serve a key role in Canadian cannabis
- How to prepare for future cannabis retail regulations in Ontario
Listen to this episode of BofC Live, and all BofC Live episodes, as a podcast: