The CCSI was assessed at C$4.97 per gram this week, down 1.3% from last week’s C$5.03 per gram. This week’s price equates to US$1,778 per pound at the current exchange rate.
Last week Statistics Canada released retail sales data for September 2021, with nationwide legal cannabis sales reaching a new monthly high of C$354.7M.
Cannabis Benchmarks continues to see a strong upward trajectory in cannabis sales.
To correct for the different number of days in each month, the chart below looks at average daily sales, which shows September 2021 sales reaching C$11.8M per day.
This figure is C$3.4M per day more than what was sold the previous September; a year-to-year increase of 38%.
See previous weekly updates from Cannabis Benchmarks:
- Legacy and legal cannabis sales three years after legalization?
- How to understand cannabis’ impact on alcohol sales in Canada
- Understanding cannabis retail store growth in Canada
- A look at average monthly spend per cannabis consumer
- A look at processing licenses issued by Health Canada
- A look at cultivation licenses issued by Health Canada
- Understanding medical versus recreational sales right now
- A look at daily cannabis sales by Province
- How to view dry cannabis sales across Canada
- A look at percentage of legal versus illicit cannabis sales
- A look at the pace of growth for cannabis retail
- A look at monthly cannabis sales in Ontario
- What is the optimal number of cannabis stores in Canada?
- How to compare daily cannabis retail sales by Province
- Understanding the impact of cannabis on alcohol sales in Canada
- A look at cannabis retail store count by Province
- A look at cannabis user statistics in Canada