For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is seeking an Ontario Sales Manager to join their clients team. This individual will have overall responsibility and accountability for delivering on revenue goals and ensuring retailer satisfaction in their respective territory. This is a multi-faceted, hard-charging role involving executing the company’s sales strategies at a store and chain level, wholesaler/account strategy development, and team management and territory administration.
- Build and strengthen working relationships with a network of independent retailers & chains as well as government and/or private wholesalers
- Strategize, develop, and execute impactful sales programs that deliver on revenue goals
- Manage and support a high-performance team
- Work with the National Sales Manager to develop and implement a territory key account and retail activation plan that delivers target revenues
- Travel to retailers in locations across Ontario; coordinate Brand Ambassadors for rural and suburban penetration enhancement
- Regularly liaise with target stores to drive sell-through, address business issues, and enhance company brand awareness
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of Brand Ambassadors and Account Reps
- Support operations, marketing, demand planning, and finance teams in areas like sales forecasting, product listings/delistings, sales tool creation, and expense budgeting
- Perform sales administrative tasks including CRM updates (HubSpot) and crafting sales reports.
- 5 years of experience in a sales leadership role
- Able to thrive in a competitive, high-pressure environment where success is regularly ranked by quantified metrics
- Takes consistent ownership and accountability around revenue targets, goals, and deliverables
- Maintains a good knowledge of recreational cannabis as well as the retail cannabis sector in their territory
- Self-starting capacity to instigate new relationships, sell, learn, and solve problems
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to report to management concisely and specifically
- Exceptional administrative and priority management skills
- Familiarity and comfort with Google Workspace Products (Email, Calendar, Virtual Meetings)
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle in good repair
- Cannabis sales experience is an asset.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.