For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work looking for a Chief Financial Officer to work on-site in the Eastern Greater Toronto Area. This individual will report to the CEO, plan the organization’s financial strategy, and perform effective risk management. The successful candidate must have experience working in a publicly traded company and with capital markets. They must also have strengths in financial analysis, planning, and managing acquisitions/transactions in scaling a company.
- Drive the company’s financial planning and reporting
- Provide effective financial reporting to the executives
- Execute an IPO (Initial public offering) event
- All compliance work related to the company’s IPO
- Manage audits and work with auditors
- Manage large financial transactions including acquisitions through to completion
- Work closely with legal counsel on transactions
- Review contracts for the commercial terms of the transactions
- Tightly monitor and manage cash flow
- Supervise a small team of finance personnel
- Work closely with a small executive team
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Responsible for effectively presenting information to shareholders and the media
- Ensure compliance with the law and company policies.
- Proven experience as CFO, Controller, or other relevant role
- Bachelor’s degree and accounting designation
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Presentation and speaking skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- A fun demeanour and sense of humour
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.