For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for Licensing Specialist in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Licensing, the Licensing Specialist works on stakeholder engagement, applications, ongoing disclosure, and reporting required to participate in the Cannabis Industry.
This hybrid remote role works closely with the Company’s Executives and Government Regulators to complete Licensing requirements and open new business opportunities. This role will also support stores with their compliance questions and help all team members understand the regulations in multiple jurisdictions and the role they play in compliance.
- Read and evaluate new regulatory developments at the Federal, Provincial, Municipal and International levels.
- Focus research on growth sectors identified by the corporate strategic plan.
- Read and evaluate original regulations and industry analysis.
- Monitoring regulatory updates, political landscape, and identifying useful events and consultations.
- Participate in public consultations on potential new regulations
- Work collaboratively with VP Business Development and Licensing in the development of presentation materials and in meetings with government at the Federal, Provincial, Municipal and International levels to influence policy in favor of the corporate strategic plan
- Review license application requirements.
- Make recommendations on corporate application and other pre-application decisions.
- Review applications requirements with your manager, legal counsel, and external consultants.
- Develop project plans for licensing submissions.
- Meet with project team members and stakeholders to discuss deliverables and timelines.
- Develop engaged, friendly relationships with regulators and hold them accountable to open and ongoing communication.
- Document all interactions with regulators via email or with notes on phone calls.
- Track contacts and roles at the regulatory agency.
- Look for efficiencies and push regulators to disclose questions and issues.
- Triage requests for additional information, review with your direct manager, legal counsel, and executive as the need arises.
- Share milestones and deliverables with project team members and stakeholders to discuss deliverables and timelines.
- Work collaboratively with Vice President of Business Development to provide feedback on regulations and regulators once established.
- Register project and operational risks and issues.
- Escalate enterprise-level risks and issues that threaten the Company.
- Discuss risks and issues with your direct manager, and other senior executives to develop mitigation plans.
- Respond to compliance questions from retail store managers and District Sales Managers.
- Triage and coordinate property maintenance issues at retail stores.
- Support lease administration and new lease negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education in a related field.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience working as a legal assistant or paralegal.
- Demonstrated experience working in government or highly in regulated sectors.
- Demonstrated experience conducting legislative research.
- Familiarity with corporate governance is an asset.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and a strong collaborator.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to build credibility and rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.