For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Packaging Manager (Afternoons) in Pickering, Ontario.
The Packaging Manager (Afternoons) is responsible to oversee all operations of the packaging process within the finished goods facility for the afternoon shift.
Afternoon Shift: 4PM – 12AM
- Manage day-to-day packaging operations for the afternoon shift.
- Oversee the complete packaging process and ensure the final product meets the required specifications.
- Is responsible for finished goods including pre-rolls, primary packaging, secondary packaging, and excise stamping of all cannabis products under the cannabis act.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure GPP standards are achieved.
- Creating and maintaining production schedules, including job scheduling and staff scheduling.
- Work closely with other department leaders to ensure a smooth transition between shifts and optimize performance.
- Ensuring finishing and packaging SOPs are followed and updated as required.
- Assist with the execution of production-related budgets and develop strategies to manage and reduce operating costs to meet budgets.
- Ensure sufficient stock for packaging supplies, including future planning needs.
- Ensure sanitation procedures are being executed.
- Ensure training and development of employees, including completing performance reviews.
- Assist with inter-departmental equipment inventory, maintenance schedules, and commissioning.
- Identify improvements in processing quality and efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 3-5 years of experience in packaging/production management.
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of the cannabis act is an asset.
- General understanding of the operational controls and inventory movement of controlled substances.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.