For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Start-Up Operations Manager in Whitby, Ontario.
Cannabis At Work’s client is a licensed analytical testing laboratory that supports cannabis home and hobby growers with testing for potency, terpenes, and contaminants. The Operations Manager will work closely with the CEO to manage start-up, administration, finance and fundraising, and laboratory operations.
- Work closely with the CEO, lead a diverse set of projects needed for business start-up, and contribute to the commercialization road map.
- Identify and implement business systems.
- Oversee the set-up and operationalization of the testing laboratory.
- Implement accounting systems and oversee bookkeeping.
- Plan and manage the budget, track actuals vs. budget, identify and implement cost-saving opportunities.
- Manage business administration.
- Assist the CEO with executing sales and marketing strategies.
- Develop and manage relationships with the suppliers, partners, and cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are met on time and within scope.
- Assist with hiring and managing a team.
- Ensure operational compliance with the Cannabis Act and other relevant legislation.
- Establish and implement effective reporting to keep project stakeholders and senior management informed on key project metrics.
- Maintain product and market leadership, and keep abreast of market trends to identify new product opportunities.
- 5+ years in operations management.
- Project management experience required.
- Experience in analytical testing is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
- Post-secondary education in business or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to support a CEO/Founder in achieving their vision.
- Preference to work with a small agile team.
- A passion for cannabis.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.