For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Brand Manager in Toronto, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Brand & Trade Marketing, the Brand Manager is responsible for leading the creation and execution of consumer-facing brand and product strategies, and for growing the Company’s brand portfolio into an industry leader in brand equity and market share.
- Lead the creation of annual brand marketing strategies.
- Monitor the marketplace for competitive activities.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a long-range innovation pipeline.
- Work with the commercialization team to create new product ideas, brand and product specifications, pricing, and sell-in strategies to key customers.
- Work in close collaboration with the sales and commercialization teams to create integrated commercial launch plans for new brands and products.
- Manage a significant brand and trade marketing budget.
- Conduct regular, strategic business reviews to analyze trends, category performance, and identify opportunity areas, and present recommendations to the leadership team and trade partners
- Develop and execute winning in-store brand strategies and promotions.
- Develop and execute digital and social media tactics in support of brand-building strategies.
- Potential to manage a direct report.
- BA in Marketing, Business, or other related fields; an MBA would be an asset.
- 3-5 years experience in Brand Management in a CPG, Beverage Alcohol, Cannabis, or other related industry.
- Experience with brand building, innovation, commercialization, trade marketing, design, cross-functional team leadership, and leading external agencies to business success.
- Strong sales orientation with a track record of building relationships of trust with key sales leaders to ‘get things done’.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Excellent facility with analytics and making data-based business recommendations.
- Experience writing creative briefs, giving detailed and useful creative feedback, and working with designers on creative projects.
- Clear passion for and solid understanding of cannabis and cannabis-based products.
- Comfort with ambiguity and creating process solutions in novel situations.
- Expert verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.