For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to be based in Bern, Switzerland.
**This full-time position is based in Bern, Switzerland, and requires relocation.**
The Quality Assurance Manager (Switzerland Based) is responsible for overseeing operational quality assurance, ensuring that cannabis products produced meet the organization’s objectives for quality and safety, as well as regulatory and customer requirements. The Quality Assurance Manager is also responsible for establishing and monitoring internal Quality Management Systems, including preparation for and assistance with the obtainment of an EU-GMP certification.
- Manage and develop the quality assurance/quality control department.
- Develop, review, and maintain controlled documents, including SOPs.
- Oversee implementation of SOPs and develop training programs related to SOP implementation.
- Oversee the sanitation of premises, equipment cleanliness, and the hygienic behavior of personnel.
- Develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine quality assurance compliance.
- Ensure compliance with GACP requirements in cultivation areas.
- Ensure traceability of cannabis plants and products, conduct annual mock recall.
- Oversee calibration of equipment and instruments.
- Develop and participate in IQ/OQ/PQ assessments for equipment.
- Ensure cannabis is stored and distributed under conditions that maintain its quality.
- Develop environmental monitoring program.
- Complete validations for all cleaning and sanitation activities within production.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to develop EU GMP-compliant processing areas.
- Participate in audits and inspections, prepare responses to observations and perform all necessary corrective actions.
- Develop and conduct vendor qualifications.
- Monitor changes in regulatory framework.
- Facilitate testing on each lot or batch of cannabis, ensure that testing is conducted using validated methods, investigate deviations and out-of-spec results.
- Oversee and manage all product quality-related issues.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop preventive control program.
- Perform analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure compliance throughout the facility.
- Develop and manages a Corrective Actions Preventive Actions (CAPA) program to ensure appropriate responses to deviations, non-conformances, or audit observations.
- Manage quality-related components of the ERP system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in science with 3 to 6 years of practical experience in a Quality Assurance role.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management role.
- Practical experience with quality assurance in a cannabis startup.
- Practical experience working with an ERP system.
- Practical experience developing a GMP compliant operation, EU-GMP experience preferred.
- Fluent in English, fluency in German an asset.
- Proven planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- High level of accountability and demonstrated leadership skills.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.