For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Territory Manager in Toronto, Ontario.
Cannabis At Work seeks a driven individual to act as Territory Manager located in Toronto, reporting to the Director of Sales. This individual will be responsible for representing the Company’s brand within the retail channel and at the community level in their Toronto territory.
This position will be extremely varied, demanding, yet rewarding, and you will play an important role in connecting the Company’s brand to the retail channel and consumers within your territory. This person will be the in-market, street level, the face of the brand, and the business. The role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, and changing environment, with sometimes quickly shifting priorities.
- Build meaningful relationships with the retail channel as well as within various community organizations, including directly with consumers, to expand awareness of the Company’s products within the market.
- Represent and educate retail store staff on the features and benefits of the Company’s products and obtain prime merchandising opportunities, display POS (where permitted).
- Where permitted and available, attend festivals, consumer shows, fairs, charity events, and invited private gatherings to interact and educate consumers on the Company’s products.
- Be visible within the community and known as the “Company’s brand person,” connecting with consumers, driving them to the Company’s social media channels, and acquiring co-ordinates to build upon the CRM database.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to keep abreast of current and new products, assist in the execution of sales and marketing plans and report back learnings.
- Act as a conduit between retail store staff and the Company, as well as between consumers and the Company; sharing knowledge both ways on a timely and regular basis.
Required Skill Sets:
- Ability and skill set to sell and interact with customers (including chain accounts) and consumers.
- Infectious personality, openness, and the ability to effectively dialogue with others in a professional and friendly manner.
- You are both a good student, willing to learn and adapt, as well as a good teacher, willing to share knowledge and influence others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to motivate internal and external stakeholders.
- Driven, energetic, goal-oriented, and have a collaborative approach to growing the Company’s business.
- Experience within a regulated/restricted category such as cannabis/alcohol/tobacco/pharma is ideal.
- Cannabis experience and knowledge as a consumer (either medical and/or recreational) are considered an asset.
- Passion for the cannabis category.
- Willingness to travel throughout your territory and can operate with a flexible schedule.
- A valid driver’s license and no criminal record are required.
- PC skills in Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, and possibly PowerPoint.
- Located within the Ontario area.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.