For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for an Operations Manager in Cranbrook, British Columbia.
The Operations Manager will oversee the daily edible production and packaging operations at the facility level. The Operations Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a workplace environment that ensures employee safety & performance, product quality, appropriate inventory levels, and upholds HACCP and Health Canada Standards.
- Directly supervise production staff during daily operational activities, providing motivation, training, and development of production staff.
- Enforce strict compliance to SOPs, HACCP, and Health Canada Guidelines.
- Help draft and update procedures relating to regulatory, training, and quality compliance for processing to ensure repeatable performance and high-quality end products.
- Oversee shift scheduling, including work station assignments/shift rotations, training, vacations, breaks, overtime assignment, and back-up for absent team members.
- Ensure all team members are trained sufficiently in operating machines and/or tasks.
- Track employee work performance and attendance, monitoring adherence to production plan, start-times, dismissal times, and additional daily activities.
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment through collaborative discussions, team communications, rigorous root cause analysis, and transparent decision making.
- Develop production plans to maintain inventory par levels as determined by sales demand.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery of ingredients and packaging materials, ensuring proper logging and storage of all materials.
- Recommend and implement efficiency improvements.
- Maintain accountability and inventory of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products, participating in internal audits as directed.
- Conduct reviews of non-conforming finished products, ensures quality control is maintained, and corrective actions are developed.
- Lead daily/weekly operational reviews, ensuring alignment between quality goals and performance standards.
- Daily review of achievement targets and report variances during review meetings. Implement action plans to address failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate an adequate understanding of production machinery, equipment, processing, blending, extraction, shelf-stable products, quality, and/or other requisite technical knowledge.
- Maintain collaborative relationships between departments.
- Manage safe work conditions and practices within the production area; enforcing company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5+ years of proven experience in Production/Operations Management within the Cannabis, Food, or regulated manufacturing environment.
- Previous edible/confectionery operations is a strong asset.
- Experience running packaging lines and equipment is a strong asset.
- Innovative, able to think creatively, finding efficient solutions to problems others may take for granted.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Strong people management skills, including mentoring, coaching, performance, motivating and directing staff.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and maintain positive relationships with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery.
- Ability to work long (off hours) and weekends if required.
- Ability to attend emergencies after hours if required (example: power shutdown in the middle of the night or weekend).
- Must have proficiency using MS Office Suite, Ample Organics experience is an asset.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.