For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Cannabis Production Chef in Cranbrook, BC.
Cannabis At Work’s client is one of the leading producers of recreational cannabis-infused edibles in Canada and is seeking a motivated self-starter to join the kitchen production team.
The Cannabis Production Chef manages day-to-day operations within a commercial cannabis edibles kitchen, including product R&D, preparing products, managing a team, and ensuring compliance to the kitchen schedule. The Cannabis Production Chef is responsible for ensuring edible cannabis products are prepared in the appropriate quantity and quality.
- Oversee the production of gummies, chocolates, and other confections (mixing, portioning, topping/coating, etc.)
- Lead a team to ensure all edibles are prepared in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Ensure products are prepared in accordance with recipes.
- Measure ingredients and products accurately so that optimal levels of production are met.
- Oversee the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen.
- Weigh and store finished products ensuring that all pertinent information is recorded in logs.
- Receive food items and ensure appropriate storage.
- Ensure staff are safely operating food processing equipment.
- Ensure work areas and surfaces in the kitchen are clean to ensure a safe working environment.
- Label packaged food items appropriately.
- Oversee and participate in packaging and assembling food items.
- Monitor quality and quantity of food items produced.
- Lead by example and enforce department SOP’s and assist in the implementation of Edible Kitchen systems.
- Process finished product to desired company standards following quality control standards.
- Perform a series of preventive and general maintenance tasks on production equipment and tools.
- Maintain and deliver relevant training as new products are introduced.
- Follow all GMP, HACCP, and QA processes in the facility.
- Ensure compliance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations.
- Previous experience in a professional kitchen or food production facility is required.
- Experience in chocolates and confections is preferred.
- Knowledge of different ingredients, culinary tools, and equipment.
- Effective communication and team-building skills are required.
- Willingness to change and learn innovative methods of operating required.
- Ability to utilize computer and basic technology skills preferred.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.