For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Person in Prince Edward County, Ontario.
The Quality Assurance Person supports the Team in the verification and validation of quality assurance, ensuring that cannabis products produced meet the organization’s objectives for quality, safety, regulatory, and customer expectations in accordance with the Cannabis Act & relevant regulations. The Quality Assurance Person will maintain and monitor Quality Management Systems and coordinate activities to meet production process and product quality standards.
**Note: MUST have previous Cannabis Industry QA Experience**
- Assist in managing the licensed sites Quality Assurance Department and assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SOPs & Quality Management Programs and projects to ensure compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations.
- Work cross-departmentally to implement & maintain SOPs (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Security);
- Maintain QMS by performing record-keeping tasks such as document updates
- Collect and review production Quality documents (sanitation journals, maintenance work orders, etc);
- Develop and execute a Sanitation Verification system using ATP swab collection;
- Support release of products through batch record compilation and review;
- Perform review, inspection, and/or validation of new materials and equipment; and
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder.
- MUST HAVE previous Cannabis Industry QA Experience;
- Active Health Canada Security Clearance is a STRONG asset;
- BSc Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology or Food Science, obtained or recognized by a Canadian University;
- 2+ years experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a production environment;
- Previous Cannabis Industry experience preferred;
- Preferred knowledge of plant chemistry, extraction and formulation systems, and chromatographic techniques;
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations) is a strong asset;
- Previous experience as a stand-alone QA/QC resource having direct responsibility for determining strategic objectives to meet quality with given resources and carry out tactical execution.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.