For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for an Business Development Executive to be based in the US.
The Business Development Executive (US Based) will be responsible for driving new regional business growth from new and existing cannabis brands in the US market, building upon our Company’s ongoing success in the Canadian medical and adult-use cannabis sectors. The candidate will be mandated with aggressively growing business relationships and newly contracted business, in addition to pursuing opportunities generated through the Ccompany’s head office. This role will be assigned a revenue and gross margin target and will be accountable for refining and executing the Company’s platform sales strategy and value proposition to C-Suite and Director-level contacts in both operations and marketing.
To fit into the Company’s culture, you must be team-oriented, fun, friendly, honest, respectful, and results-driven.
What You’ll Do:
Prospecting to Generate New Business Opportunities
- Generate prospecting activity through existing contacts, network, and secure referrals.
- Cold calling into targeted accounts.
- Attend networking events.
- Pre-discovery work including development of all relevant documentation (discovery document, account plan).
- Secure sponsorship.
- Propose Company solution.
- Negotiate business terms
- Execute Company’s Master Service Agreements.
- Support implementation and onboarding
Planning & Administrative Duties
- Ongoing CRM maintenance.
- Monitor and analyze conversion rates.
- Miscellaneous sales reporting.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual planning.
Where You Shine:
- Solution selling/presentation skills – ability to interpret situations and think quickly on our feet.
- Financial/accounting knowledge – ability to understand and interpret financial documents.
- Written and verbal communications skills, inclusive of problem-solving, questioning, and listening.
- Technical skills relating to growth products, process improvement, and technology.
- Time-management and organizational skills.
- Innovative/creative in both product offerings and strategic approach.
- Work ethic – persistence, dedication.
- Analytical and mathematical proficiency – analyze opportunities and pricing possibilities.
- Professional selling industry experience (technology, professional services).
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.