For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a General Manager Portugal Operations.
Cannabis At Work’s client is currently delivering high-quality medicinal cannabis products to the European market via two grow sites based in Portugal.
The General Manager is accountable for overseeing all phases of the medical cannabis operation, including cultivation, processing, quality assurance, compliance, security, people management, and administration.
- Responsible for the overall functioning and performance of a multi-site cannabis production facility.
- Manage both indoor and outdoor cannabis cultivation in a commercial environment.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary management team in a regulated environment including cultivation, processing, QA, sales, and administration.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day direction and leadership to facility managers.
- Oversight of production forecasting and scheduling.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Responsible for implementing sustainable business processes for efficient operations.
- Develop, manage and control forecasts and budgets.
- Report to an executive team and work closely with the leadership team in Canada.
- Ensure compliance with cannabis regulations.
- Project management of small to large scale projects; on time and budget.
- Attract, develop, and retain a highly engaged team.
- Oversight of internal/external audits and inspections.
- Lead the planning for the expansion of additional facilities at the current site.
- 10 years experience in operations management.
- Business degree or equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership for multiple departments.
- Experience managing large scale cannabis or agriculture operations preferred.
- Ability to manage a diverse range of projects and tasks, from tactical to strategic.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.