For this week’s Job of the Week, Cannabis At Work is recruiting for a Senior Payroll & Benefits Specialist in Kelowna, British Columbia.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Payroll & Benefits Specialist is responsible for leading and taking ownership of all payroll and benefits-related operations to ensure accurate and efficient processing for the organization. The ideal candidate will bring the demonstrated experience and ability to meet critical deadlines while meeting all legislative requirements.
- Process full-cycle bi-weekly (hourly), semi-monthly (salary), and monthly payroll for all legal entities, including integration of timesheets for processing, calculation of gross pay and deductions, applicable adjustments, employee pay statements, payments, stock options, and posting to the General Ledger.
- Perform retroactive pay calculations, various bonuses, and other compensation elements as needed.
- Manage the processing of off-cycle pay and terminations, prepare ROEs, and calculate and facilitate creation of payment.
- Complete monthly and year-end reconciliations including, the preparation of T4’s for all employees.
- Ensure payroll procedures adhere to legal guidelines and best practices while optimizing the efficiency and enhancing the capabilities of the processes related to payroll processing, creating and maintaining internal SOPs on payroll processes.
- Act as the key contact for all payroll and benefits inquiries for the organization, both for employees and relevant stakeholders.
- Act as the Dayforce Subject Matter Expert for the payroll module including, initiation and implementation of new processes, continuous improvement of current processes, and any future required set up.
- Coordinate with HR to maintain payroll information in employee files.
- Act as the Benefits Subject Matter Expert and manage employee group benefits plan, employee assistance program, and all other compensation-related programs in collaboration with HR.
- Stay current and make suggestions on the organization staying in line with evolving benefits programs and structures, and lead benefits renewal processes and/or selection of benefit plans and providers, as required.
- Administer the Group insurance benefits: enrollment, coverage changes and termination, billing reconciliation, and providing information to employees on benefits matters.
- Assist in the compilation of information for external auditors on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with other monthly accounting, Human Resources, and various periodic analysis responsibilities as required.
- Ensure all legislative requirements regarding tax withholding, remittance, and income reporting have been met both ongoing and at year-end.
- Participate and present in orientations and regular town hall meetings on applicable payroll and benefits topics.
- Any other relevant Payroll, Dayforce, and Benefits responsibilities as assigned by the Controller.
- Minimum 7 years of Payroll and Benefits experience; experience working within a publicly traded company is a definite asset.
- PCP or CPM certification required.
- 5 years of experience with payroll software; experience with Ceridian/Dayforce software is a definite asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook in particular).
- High level of professionalism to deal with confidential requests.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- High degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to complete satisfactory criminal record check.
See the full listing and connect with the Cannabis At Work team about this position.
Cannabis At Work is the Official Human Capital Partner of Business of Cannabis.
Find out how Cannabis At Work can help your business find top talent across the entire cannabis supply chain.